Monday, August 22, 2005

Read With Me

I love to read. But, I read kind of wierd. I am usually reading several books at once. Over vacation my wife, brother and sister-in-law spent a couple hours talking about Rob Bell's new book Velvet Elvis. It was two hours of stimulating conversation. While talking it occured to me that there are probably a lot of people who would love to talk about what it is they are reading.

So, I want to give you a chance to do that.

I'm reading six books right now. Some of them are changing me. Some are making me mad. Some are making me think about things that I've not spent enough time thinking about it. Here's what I'm going to do. Each time I begin the process of reading a book, I'm going to put that book title, and sometimes a picture of that book in this blog. I will respond to the book by editing my posts as I get around to it. You can respond with your thoughts about the book by putting a comment in the post about that book. Other readers to this blog will respond back to your comments. This could be fun!

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15

No comments: