Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Sad End of the Wicked

Psalm 1:5 - "Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous."

All week long, we've been looking at Psalm one. Verse five continues to tell the story of those who are wicked. They will face judgement. Scripture is full of references that speak of this judgment. It will be awful for those who have rejected Christ. I don't want anyone I know to be counted amongst the wicked at the judgment seat of Christ. When Jesus talked about this event he said that he would separate those who have accepted his gift of salvation from those who have not. This passage in Psalm chapter one seems to parallel Jesus' teaching. And, it should compel those of us who know Christ to share His message of love and forgiveness to the world around us.

I was talking with someone recently who said, "I've only got so much time on this earth. Who cares if people make fun of me for my faith. I want to bring as many people to heaven with me as I can." It's a good perspective. Share your faith. You never know whose life will be changed for eternity.

Dear Heavenly Father,

It is humbling to think that You would allow anyone to spend eternity with You. We have repeatedly made choices to reject what you desire for our life. Help us to have the courage to share with others of Your great love and forgiveness. Help us to care enough about those who don't know You that we would be willing to risk our petty human "reputations" to share Your love. Help us to open our mouths, and may Your Spirit speak through us.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: