Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Significant Conference for Evangelical Free Church Starts Today

I'm ordained as a pastor in the Evangelical Free Church of America. The church I presently serves is not a Free Church, so as part of my requirements to keep my ordination active, I am required to attend a Free Church conference every other year. I'll be going to the Evangelical Free Church Midwinter Ministerial over the next three days. It's nice because it takes place really close to my home, at South Suburban Free Church in Apple Valley, Minnesota.

This conference is very significant for the denomination. We are taking a look at the Evangelical Free Church Doctrinal Statement, a statement which has not been updated in years, and refreshing it. That word may sound scary to some, but it is really quite interesting. The most significant change comes in the area of eschatology. If you're interested, you can check out information on the conference at: http://www.efca.org/pastoralcare/media/2006_Midwinter_brochure.pdf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

send copy of discusions of chnges to jwied27@aol.com thank you so much JOHN