Friday, April 28, 2006

Scooter






Okay, I'm serious. I'm really thinking about doing it. Have you seen the gas prices? I paid $2.89/gallon yesterday. It's time for the economical solution. It's time for a scooter.

Did you know that most scooters get between 60-80 miles to the gallon? Did you know if a scooter is 49cc or below you don't need a special license to get one? Did you know that you can drive a 150cc scooter anywhere you want as long as you have a motorocycle certification on your drivers license?

So, yesterday I got the motorcycle book to study what I need to do to pass the test so that I can purchase a scooter. There is a little scooter shop that I've been to three times in the past two weeks. It's called Scooters Plus and it's located at 9060 Excelsior Blvd. in Hopkins. They let you test drive the little 49cc scooters and it's a blast.

I need your help, faithful blog readers. I'm between a few models of scooter. Which one do you like best. I'm leaning towards the Wasp. You can just describe the scooter in the comment section of the blog. The two sites on the internet where I am looking into scooters is www.tngscooters.com. These are the ones they sell in Hopkins. Or, www.gsmotorworks.com, where you can purchase a scooter, tax and delivery included, for as little as $899. You can't beat that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

brian- i think you should get the top one...but you must get your little beanie helmet to complete the cool retro look- suki

Papa Tweet said...

Brian,
I am so glad I found your blog. I too am looking to purchase a scooter. The problem is, I'm a conciensious consumer and I can't find any consumer reviews on any of them. Have you found a useful website or source of such info? I have to be honest, a scooter seems the only way to go. If you have any info or can offer any help, can you visit my blog and drop me a comment? Thanks Brian
Benny