Thursday, December 04, 2008

Joseph - The Stepfather of God

I'm preaching a series of sermons at Woodbury Community Church right now called What Child Is This? A Season of Discovery. Each week we take a look at a different character from the Christmas story. Last week we looked at Herod: The King Who Missed Christmas. This week's message is entitled, Joseph: The Stepfather of God.

When I think about Joseph's life, and the task that he had given to him by God, I'm blown away. Long ago, I heard a song by Michael Card entitled Joseph's Song. I'd forgotten about that song until I started researching this sermon. The words are so powerful, and I think that they communicate many of the emotions and thoughts that must have been going through Joseph's mind when he discovered that he would be the stepfather of God.

I won't have time to play the song, or show the video on Sunday, but here is a YouTube video of the song. May it prepare your heart for the message on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim sang this at church a few years ago...it's a great song! Nancy B.