Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Garage Worship Live 2005 CD Releases Next Wednesday

It has been a dream of mine to see The Garage Worship Team put out a CD since coming to Wooddale Church as Senior High Pastor in 2001.

Steve Oakes, our Worship Team Leader, has put in countless hours producing that dream. Next Wednesday, May 11, 2005, that CD will be released. I received my advance copy of it yesterday, and I cannot stop listening to it. The songs sound great! How awesome it is to be able to take the corporate worship experience of Wednesday evenings in my car with me. I'm pretty sure that as I was driving in my car today, people were staring at me. I had my windows down, the music cranked, and I was singing at the top of my lungs. I couldn't help it. I really felt the presence of the Holy Spirit in my car today as I worshipped God.

Thank you to Steve for your incredible leadership of this team for the past several years. Thanks too to Nathan Dull and Chris Aelis for recording the sessions, running sound, and duplicating the CD's. Thanks to Matt Volenac for the great art work. Thank you Josh Tryon for duplicating CD's, ordering materials and printing our CD covers. And thank you to Laura Becklund, Chris Earl, Andy Frost, Brian Krueger, Brett Palmberg, and of course Steve Oakes for leading us to the feet of Jesus each week as we worship. You've truly been servants, and exhibited what it means to be lead worshippers.

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalm 100

No comments: