Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Operation Guatemala/El Salvador

I'll be leaving with a group of 50 people for the countries of Guatemala and El Salvador this Saturday. This group of high school students and adults has been training for ministry since January, and I can't wait to see how God uses them, and how the people of Central America impact my students.

I am going to look for a couple of Internet Cafe's while in Central America to update this Blog with information about the trip while we are there. That will not happen until we get out of the rainforest region of Campur, as there is no Internet service available in that region.

Here is our itinerary for the week:

June 25 - Arrive in Guatemala City/Depart for Coban, Guatemala
June 26 - Campur, Guatemala
June 27 - Campur, Guatemala
June 28 - Campur, Guatemala
June 29 - Campur, Guatemala
June 30 - Sonsonate, El Salvador
July 1 - Sonsonate, El Salvador
July 2 - Sonsonate, El Salvador
July 3 - Jutiapa, Guatemala
July 4 - Jutiapa, Guatemala
July 5 - Jutiapa, Guatemala
July 6 - Santiago, Atitlan, Guatemala (R & R)
July 7 - Santiago
July 8 - Guatemala City
July 9 - Depart Guatemala

To a group that he couldn't wait to minister to, the Apostle Paul said,

I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.

Romans 1:11, 12
I believe Paul's words will happen. We covet your prayers as we go. Please pray for team unity, health, strength to keep focused, and for the Holy Spirit to prepare the hearts we will minister to, and our own hearts as we are ministered to.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for posting your itinerary. Now I can pray for you more specifically. I will look forward to reading updates if you have the opportunity to post.