Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Birthday Chris

It was eleven years ago today that my life changed forever. In a small hospital room in Fairfax, Virginia a beautiful baby boy was born. The moment I saw him, I knew that I would die for him. He brought tears to my eyes, a lump in my throat, my heart skipped a beat.

I am so proud of the young man that you are becoming. God is already using you to have an impact on your friends. Chris, Happy Birthday! I love you, Son.

He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our forefathers to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.
Psalm 78:5-7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree fully!! One of the best days of my life was the birth of my first grandson - Christopher. I still get excited just thinking about it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!! You're the best!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Chris! I still remember where I was eleven years ago when I received the phone call that you were born! I was helping Aunt Lori's parents pass out candy in front of their jewelry store, and I was passed a phone. I picked it up and heard, "It's a boy!" I was so excited to have my first nephew, I could hardly stand it!

I am so thankful to have you for MY nephew. You are a VERY special blessing to our family. I love you, buddy!