Friday, October 28, 2005

Pray for Dwayne

He was just a few miles from the Denver Broncos Training Facility when two cars traveling in the opposite direction crossed the median of the highway and met Dwayne Carswell's car head on. It was rush hour on this busy stretch of Interstate and Dwayne had no way to avoid the crash. His vehicle hit the others with such force that his driver's side door was literally torn off. Dwayne suffered major internal injuries. He remains in intensive care, but will recover. Dwayne, a Guard for the Broncos, and former Pro Bowl Tight End will not play again this year.

Dwayne was a college classmate of mine. I was actually his RA his freshman year at Liberty Univerity. My wife worked with him in the college post office. I haven't spoken to Dwayne since college, but I've followed his 12 year NFL career with interest.

Woud you join me in praying for Dwayne? Pray that God will heal his body, and that Dwayne will use this time to reach out to God. I'm praying that Dwayne will become passionate about Christ.

If you'd like to send Dwayne "Get Well Wishes" you may do so by visiting the Denver Broncos web site. It is located at www.denverbroncos.com.

To see how Dwayne's teammates are responding to this tragedy visit: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609&videoID=965.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Is he walking with God?

Brian said...

Jen,

I'm honestly not sure. I hope so, but he's had a couple of run ins with the law over domestic battery in the past few years. I'm hoping that those incidents are behind him, and that God is working within him.