Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Birthday Breanna!

I'm trying. I really am. But, it's hard.

Okay, here goes.

Today, my daughter Breanna is a ttt

Just a second.

I know I can do it.

Today, my daughter Breanna is a ttteenager.

Okay. I did it. I said it.

Breanna is a teenager.

Breanna, where have the years gone? It seems like yesterday that Mom and I were anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first child. We didn't know if you were going to be a girl or a boy. We were both just so excited that God had suprised us with a pregnancy. For nine months all we could talk about was this little child that God was going to bring into our family.

When you arrived -- WOW! Our world changed. Forever.

I didn't want to let you out of my arms. I would hold you from the moment I woke up in the morning until the moment I left for work. When I arrived back from the office, I'd rush to hold you in my arms again.

This morning, I held you again. You're a teenager now. There, that wasn't so hard to write that time. A teenager. I hugged a young woman who I am so proud of. You are a joy to parent. I constantly learn lessons from you. You challenge Mom and me with the love that you have for others, for God, and with your zest for life.

I love you, Breanna.

Happy Birthday. And, may you forever know, that your birth day made every day to follow so much better than the days that preceded it for your Mom and Dad.

I couldn't be more proud of a daughter than I am of you.

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 1:4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Breanna!! Thirteen years--wow! I hope you have an excellent day. I wish I could be with you to celebrate, but know that you are on my mind today.

I love you, my dear niece!