Tuesday, June 12, 2007

On A Mission Trip With My Son


I am typing this from the rain forest of Campur, Guatemala. I´m in a tiny little internet cafe. And, I´m thrilled. We are experiencing our first full day of ministry on the 2007 Operation Central America Mission trip. 39 of us have made the journey from the Twin Cities to Guatemala. Among those with me is my son, Chris.

Chris has been dreaming about being a part of this mission trip for the past four years. Today I have watched as my son has learned even more about what it means to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ. Chris has been busy. He´s been working with our service team, building an orphanage. How incredible! 12 years old, and Chris is mixing concrete, laying brick and wielding a sledgehammer. I´m proud of him. And, I´m grateful to Wooddale Church for allowing Chris to come with me.

You can read all about the adventures of this year´s Operation Central America team by following the link on the side of this page to the OCA Blog. It is so cool to read what the students are saying!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful to God for the way He is using my son and grandson as a team in Guatemala. Way to go Chris - mixing concrete, laying brick, etc. Look at those muscles! Praying for you and the entire team. Love, Mom/Grandma Bea