Monday, March 17, 2008

Holy Week Awe

It's Holy Week.

This week we celebrate Jesus, His love, His sacrifice, His gift, His life. It's a week to look back on the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Many of you marked Palm Sunday, yesterday, by going to church. You either gave or listened to sermons on Christ. At Wooddale we heard about the cross.

Years ago, when I was a child, I asked Jesus Christ to be my Savior on Easter Sunday. So, this week is always special to me. It not only commemorates the week that Jesus gave His life for all; but for me, the week that I gave my life to Him. At a summer camp, several years after that, I listened as Greg Speck, a youth evangelist told a story that helped me understand God's love. I told the story often, until a few years ago someone told me that it never really happened. I was told that it was a made up story, used by evangelists to move a crowd towards a decision for Christ.

Just recently, I have been told that the story that you are about to view on YouTube, did indeed take place. The year was 1937. The father's name was John Griffith and his son's name was Greg. Watch. Be prepared to cry. And, thank God, once again, for His love for you:



"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life."
- John 3:16

No comments: