Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Live from New York. . .

I am presently at the Annual Conference for the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference in Buffalo, New York. It's the denomination that Woodbury Community Church, the church that I'm privileged to serve as a senior pastor, is a part of. Many people simply know this denomination as the 4C's. I've got to tell you, I'm impressed. What a joy to be a part of a denomination that so boldly declares the inspiration and inerrant Word of God.

Yesterday, as part of our business session, I listened as a number of pastors shared why their churches had left their previous denomination to join the 4C's. I don't remember a time in my life where I remember holding back tears concerning denominational affiliation. These men talked about joining the 4C's because their prior denominations either refused to recognize the authority of Scripture or because of an embrace of the homosexual platform. These were churches that loved homosexual people but could not condone a homosexual lifestyle, in denominations that had long given up loving the homosexual enough to call them to a holy lifestyle. What a joy it was to watch their faces as they described the love and the acceptance that they had found in the 4C's. You can learn more about the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference HERE.

No comments: