Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day Twenty-Eight

Psalm 109, Leviticus 15, Isaiah 19‐20, Galatians 1:1‐10

Psalm 109

Ps. 109:26 - Help me, O Lord my God! Save me according to your steadfast love! - David was at a difficult time in his life when he wrote this Psalm. His accusers were all around him, lying about him and seeking his destruction. When his world was falling apart, he knew that he could trust in God's steadfast love. Isn't it great to know that God will never fail us?

Leviticus 15

I added no notes to my body from this section of Scripture.

Isaiah 19-20

This is an oracle against Egypt and Cush. I added no notes to this section of Scripture.

Galatians 1:1-10

Gal. 1:6-9 - I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. - Paul was so sad that the Galatians were deserting the Gospel and falling for false doctrine. Like a good pastor/shepherd, Paul calls the Galatians on this and calls them back to the faith. He knew this wouldn't be popular, but he wasn't seeking man's approval, he was seeking God's approval.

No comments: