Monday, April 06, 2009

Holy Week at Woodbury Community Church

I love Holy Week. This is the week in which we remember Christ's death, burial and resurrection. This week is a special one in the life of the church that I have the privilege of serving as pastor.

On Thursday night, at 6:30 PM we'll be having a Passover Seder dinner. It's led by a couple in our church who live in Israel. The event is open to the public and cost $5 per person with a maximum of $25 per family. If you are interested in coming you can just show up, but we'd love to know ahead of time if you plan on being there so that we make sure we have enough food. You can e-mail the church office at woodburycommunitychurch@msn.com to let us know that you are coming. If you are unfamiliar with the Seder dinner, it is a celebration of the Lord's protection and provision for His people. You can read more about the history of Seder dinner's here.

Sunday is Easter Sunday! Easter Sunday is my favorite day of the year. When I was a four-year-old boy, it was on Easter that I asked Jesus to be my Savior. My life has never been the same. People sometimes question me on that, but it’s true. Even as a
child, Jesus made radical changes in my life. The focus of my life began to change from being all about me to being all about Him. If it were not for Easter, our faith
would be in vain. There would be no reason to come to church. Easter changed everything! We believe that the resurrection of Jesus Christ actually happened. Jesus
Christ is alive today, and His life changes lives! Join us on Easter morning as we celebrate Jesus with beautiful music, a powerful sermon, Easter brunch, and more. We have three services on Easter, an early service at 7:30, mid-morning at 9:00 and late morning at 10:30. Bruch will be served at 8:30 and 10:00. Easter is a great day
to invite friends,family members, coworkers, or neighbors who don’t normally come to church to join you. Please be praying about who you will invite, and then, take the risk! Invite someone to come with you to church on Easter morning. Easter might just change their life like it did mine!

No comments: