Monday, August 22, 2005

Faith of My Fathers by Chris Seay

Chris Seay has been one of the pastors at the forefront of the emerging church movment for some time. His new book Faith of My Fathers is a fascinating look into the way three generations of pastors think about church, ministry and culture.

Chris' grandfather served as a pastor for years. His father is still a pastor. His two brothers are also involved in ministry. The book is basically a transcript of the conversations that these men had on the following issues:

Change
The Inner Life
Family
Power
Jerks in Ministry
Government and Politics
Money
Social Issues
Racial Issues
Being Yourself

The book is supposed to be released September 1, but our bookstore already had them in stock. I had a hard time putting it down when I picked it up. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you read.

The book is published by Zondervan.

No comments: