Monday, August 22, 2005

i am not but i know I AM by Louie Giglio

I'm only through the first four chapters, but WOW! I love this book. What a great reminder to me that I am a part of God's story, and that life doesn't revolve around me. Chapter three has some great insights into God's call on Moses' life. I love these words from that chapter:

"God was telling Moses: I AM the center of everything. I AM running the show. I AM the same every day, forever. I AM the owner of everything. I AM the Lord. I AM the Creator and Sustainer of life. I AM the Savior. I AM more than enough. I AM inexhaustible and immeasurable. I AM God. In a heartbeat, Moses knoew God's name - and something more. He finally knew his. For if God's name is I AM, Moses' name must be I am not. I am not the center of everything. I am not in control. I am not the solution. I am not all-powerful. I am not calling the shots. I am not the owner of anythying. I am not the Lord."

The book is published by Multnomah. Buy it. It's worth the cost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrific book. You cannot go wrong with Giglio. Another one I recommend is "Wired For A Life of Worship." Essential reading for understanding the theology and full-orbed view of worship--a very misunderstood topic in Christian circles today. You will not be the same after reading this book!

http://www.amazon.com/Wired-Life-Worship-Leaders-Guide/dp/1590526074/sr=8-2/qid=1167725705/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/103-4429473-3764668?ie=UTF8&s=books