Monday, August 22, 2005

Vacation


Cyndi, the kids and I just got back from a fabulous vacation last night. How fun it was to have ten days together as a family.

The highlights . . .

  • Seeing family. I had a chance to spend time with all but one of my siblings and my mom and dad. It's always great to see the people that you love when you live so far away. We spend two nights with mom and dad, and a week at Maranatha Bible and Missionary Conference in Muskegon, Michigan with my brother Mark and his family.
  • Time together. Life is busy, and our family never seems to have enough time together. It was great to unwind, play dozens of games of miniature golf, swim, lie on the beach, body surf, eat meals together, and worship together.
  • Worshipping at Mars Hill Bible Church in Grandville, Michigan and First Baptist Church in Geneva, Illinois. It's great to be part of the body of Christ.
  • Talking. We spent hours talking about everything from wave runners to theology.
  • Reading. I love to read, and was able to spend time reading four books. See my next entry for more on that.
  • Holding Hands. I spend time holding each of my children's hands this week. I'd hold their hands as we walked on the beach, on the sidewalks, in church, on a trail . . . it was awesome! I wonder how many more years I'll be able to do that. I also got to hold my wife's hand as we walked the beach, the conference grounds, as we drove across Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan. I love that woman.
  • Go Carts. Craig's Cruisers in Muskegon, Michigan. All I can say is "Thank You."
  • Birthdays. Happy Birthday Britney and Melissa.
  • Sleep. We all slept in. Zachary slept 'til 11:15 on day! That's a new record.
  • Sunsets. There is nothing in the world like a Lake Michigan Sunset. Wow!
  • Blimp Over Sears Tower. I love the Chicago Skyline, and this year we were treated to the treat of the Good Year Blimp hovering over the skyline as we drove through the city.
  • God's Suprises - For the second year in a row, our room was upgraded at no cost. We stayed in one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever been in.
  • Exodus. Read it. It's in the Bible.

"Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever. To him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever. Who by his understanding made the heavens, His love endures forever. Who spread out the earth upon the waters, His love endures forever."

Psalm 136:3-6

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I loved getting to be with you.... I miss you already! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Hey...that Goodyear blimp followed me all the way from St. Charles to Wheaton College on the day of grad school orientation. I love that blimp. Reminds me of when we were kids.

Anonymous said...

It was great having you stay with us on your way to and from Maranatha. Next year we will look forward to spending a few days with you at Maranatha. What a beautiful place and a great vacation spot with a wonderful spiritual emphasis.