Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Am Your Father

Psalm 2:7-9 - "I will proclaim the decree of the LORD : He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery."

There is a great scene in The Empire Strikes Back, which will to me always be the second film in the Star Wars film franchise, where Darth Vader reveals to Luke Skywalker that his is his father. I remember sitting in a movie theater as a ten-year-old boy being blown away that revelation.

In Psalm 2, David reveals what God told him. Imagine the awe that David must have felt as the God of the universe declared to David, that He was his Father. The shepherd boy, was now a child of God. And, the shepherd boy's Father, would make the nations of the earth his inheritance.

If you have trusted in Jesus Christ to be your Savior, then you too are a child of God. The hope that you have for eternity includes heaven, which is better than anything that this earth has to offer. May you declare your love for your Heavenly Father today!

Dear Heavenly Father,

You have given us more than we deserve. To be called a son or daughter of God is a thrilling thing. Thank You for Your matchless love. You are worthy of our praise and adoration. We love You.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: