Sunday, July 01, 2007

Pray for My Mom

My mom is sick. She's in intensive care at American Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey. The doctors believe that she may have encephalitis, which can be very serious in people over 50. My mom is 65. Thanks to my brother Kevin, I had the opportunity to fly out here today to be with her, my sister and my Dad. I arrived this evening and visiting hours were over at the hospital. You only get two hours per day to visit patients. Our prayer is that she becomes stable enough to be transferred to a hospital in the States or in another part of Europe. Please pray for wisdom for the Doctors, a miraculous healing, and peace for my Dad and the rest of the family.

I never thought I'd be in Istanbul, Turkey. I found some pictures from some other web sites to give you an idea of how modern, yet ancient, this city is. It's really a remarkable place.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian,

Taylor shared the news of your mother's illness with us earlier today. We are praying for your mother's healing and for your family.

Blessings to you,

Jan, Marty & Taylor