Sunday, August 19, 2007

176: A Spiritual Discipline

My family and I spent last week in Michigan. It was our annual vacation to Marantha Bible and Missionary Conference. You can find out more about Maranatha by following this link: Maranatha Bible and Missionary Conference. One of the things that I love about going to Maranatha is the time that I have to be spiritually fed by others. I also love the walks on the beach and the personal quiet times that I have with God. This year, I felt like God was telling me to take an in depth look at the longest chapter in the Bible, Psalm 119. So, for the next 176 days, I'm going to try something very different. The plan is to meditate upon one verse in Psalm 119 each day. And then, I want to record whatever it is that I feel that God is teaching me from that verse on my blog.

There may be some days where I record a lot. There will be other days that there isn't much there. I'm excited to see what God does in my life as I take this extended look at Psalm 119. I can't imagine that there won't be a change in my life. And, I'm excited to invite you to join me on this journey.

The journey begins tomorrow morning.

You can read Psalm 119 in it's entirity by following this link: Psalm 119.

No comments: