Thursday, August 30, 2007

Precious Words

Psalm 119:11 - "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

Sometimes I wonder how my life would have turned out had I not had my parents. Mom and Dad are pretty special people. I think I had the greatest parents in the world. A lot of my friends might argue, but I know that God placed me in the family that He did because He knew that I needed my parents.

Throughout my life the words that my parents taught me when I was a child have stuck with me.

"Brian, be careful who you hang out with."

"Brian, watch your speed."

"Brian, be a good husband."

"Brian, there is no one in this world that doesn't deserve to be treated with dignity and respect."

"Brian, don't be afraid to share your faith."

I could go on and on. And, I've got to say, I wish I had listened to that speeding one a little bit better.

For good or for bad, and mostly for good, the words that my parents gave me when I was growing up are hidden in my heart.

Better yet, there are many of God's words hidden there too.

I am so grateful that I have a relationship with Jesus Christ. His words have been my salvation, literally, for over 30 years now. And, when I walk in His ways, life goes better. When I don't . . . well, let's just say, life doesn't work. Because, Jesus is life. And, Jesus gives life.

Dear God,

Thank you for your precious words. They are life giving. Help me to continue to hide them in my heart, and share them from the mountaintops.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: