Monday, September 10, 2007

I Wonder . . .

Psalm 119:22 - "Remove from me scorn and contempt, for I keep your statutes."

I wonder what he was feeling . . .

when he wrote these words:

Remove from me scorn and contempt

Do you remove something that isn't there?

Was he feeling the pain that would inevitably come if God was showing him scorn and contempt?

I wonder if . . .

I've ever been the object of the scorn of God.

That's a selfish thing to wonder.

I wonder.

I wonder if . . .

David felt like he had to bargain with God.

He felt like he had to prove himself.

He truly felt that he kept God's commands.

I wonder.

And, I wonder how it would feel if you felt like you were living under God's scorn and contempt to have that removed. To be washed clean. To be forgiven.

I know.

Dear God,

I do know. For, I am a sinner, saved by grace. I have been washed clean. You are so good. You are so full of grace. You are God and Your love endures forever. I am so blessed.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: