Monday, February 04, 2008

The Law Has Changed Me

Psalm 119:167 - "I obey your statutes, for I love them greatly."

It's hard to believe that by the end of next week I'll be done with this 176 day journey through Psalm 119. As I reach the end there are days that I find myself wanting to just be done with this chapter. After all, how many days can one spend immersing one's self with readings and musings on God's law? I also find myself longing more of God. I want more than just the law. I want more than one Psalm. I want the Gospels. I want the stories. I want the prophets. I want . . . I want . . . I want, the Word.

And, that's when it hits me. The past 167 days have taught me a discipline for the Word. They've also whet my appetite for the rest of the Word. I find that I love the Word of God more than ever. I find that I want to obey God, because I am learning how to love Him more. And, I find that I'm changed. The sins I used to desire are less desirable. The way that I spend my time is different. I have prioritized God, and it's changing me. And, as tough as it is to continually read about the law of God, I will forever be grateful for it. For, it has changed me.

Dear God,

Your law is beautiful. Your words change lives. Thank You for changing me. Help me to keep desiring more of You and less of the world.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: