Friday, February 08, 2008

When You Just Can't Keep Your Praise In

Psalm 119:171 - "May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees."

Have you ever been so in love with God that you couldn't stop speaking about Him? I remember the day that I asked Jesus Christ to be my Savior. I was four-years-old, and it was Easter Sunday. After listening to my Sunday School teacher share about Christ, and what He did for us on Calvary, I went home and asked Him to be my Savior. Later that afternoon, I told my next door neighbor, Trina Herman, all about God's love. She asked Jesus to be her Savior too. My lips were overflowing with praise for God. Even as a four-year-old, I understood the concept of God's grace. I understood that I was a sinner in need of a Savior. He had taught me His decrees via a children's Sunday School teacher. I praise God for that teacher.

How has God been teaching you about His decrees lately? Are there some things that you'd like to share with others? I'd encourage you to share it on the comment section of this post. Why? Because it's one way of letting your lips (or fingers in this case) overflow with God's praise. And, it's a blessing to others. May God continue to teach you about His incredible love.

Dear God,

You are the Marvelous One! You have taught us so much over these 171 days that we have spent so far in Psalm 119. Thank You for Your word. Thank You that it is so good for instructing us in so many ways. We are forever changed because of You.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: