Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Life of Praise

Psalm 119:175 - "Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me."

Casting Crowns has got to be one of my favorite Christian bands. One of the reasons is because the lead singer is a youth pastor. The band is basically the band that plays for the youth ministry at their church. Their music became so popular, that they began to tour all over the country. One of my favorite songs that Casting Crowns sings is off of their Lifesong album. It's the song, And Now My Lifesong Sings. The lyrics go like this:

I once was lost, but now I’m found
I once was lost, but now I’m found
So far away, but I’m home now
I once was lost, but now I’m found
And now my lifesong sings

I once was blind, but now I see
I once was blind, but now I see
I don’t know how, but when He touched me
I once was blind, but now I see

And now my lifesong sings
And now my lifesong sings
And now my lifesong sings

I once was dead, but now I live
I once was dead, but now I live
Now my life to You I give
Now my life to You I give
Now my life to You I give

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You


I think that King David could have easily written that song. He wanted his life to be a praise offering to God. Every breath that he took, every word that he said, and every deed that he did, he wanted to be pleasing to God. Was he always successful? No. But, he tried. And, I think God loved it. Remember, David was called a man after God's own heart. Want to be a man or woman like that? Then seek to live out Psalm 119:175 in your life. Let God know that you want your life to be a praise offering to Him. And, then ask Him to help you be that. Take a notebook with you and jot down when you have the opportunity to be Christ's hands and feet to the world around you. It will become a visible reminder to you of God's desire for your life. Now, go! Praise Him! He is worthy!

Dear God,

We want our lives to reflect You. Let our actions, our words, our thoughts, our very lives bring You glory. We want to be men and women cut in Your mold. We want to be men and women who You would call men and women after Your own heart.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: