Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Love Story

Psalm 119:168 - "I obey your precepts and your statutes, for all my ways are known to you."

I love my wife. She is my best friend, and my closest confidant. We've been married for 16 years, and dated for three years before we were married. So, our lives have been intertwined for almost 20 years. There are times that I see my wife and I know exactly what she is thinking. There are times that she can tell you what I am going to say before the words are out of my mouth. We know each other so well. And, I love that about our relationship.

As much as I know Cyndi, God knows her better. There is not a thing about my wife that is a mystery to God. And that fascinates me. I love that God knows me better than I know myself. That thought also terrifies me. It terrifies me to think that I am so known and so loved by the God of the universe. It makes me want to keep the first part of Psalm 119:168 true in my life. His knowledge of me, and His love for me despite that knowledge, makes me want to obey Him all the more. Take some time today to praise God for His incredible love.

Dear God,

Thank You for Your tender love. You show us love even when we don't deserve it. You know all there is to know about us, and You choose to love us. You are so good, and we praise You for your love.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: