Friday, November 09, 2007

Blind Eyes 20/20 Sight

Psalm 119:82 - "My eyes fail, looking for your promise; I say, 'When will you comfort me?'"

I had a chance yesterday to spend some time with my oldest brother, Mark. I love that guy, and I love his family. As I read today's verse I thought about Mark. When he was in high school or college, I can't remember which, he was working for the Swift Corporation. His job was to clean the vats out where the ingredients for their foods were mixed. He would use a huge fireman's hose to do this. One night, he lost control of the hose. He wasn't wearing saftey goggles, and the hose pointed towards his eye. With massive pressure, the water from the hose entered his eye and he lost vision in the eye. Thanks to some great answers to prayer, good doctors, and God's grace, Mark eventually recovered his sight.

Have you ever felt spiritually blind? Like you were searching for God but couldn't see Him? David felt that way on several occasions. When his eyes were blind, his faith was 20/20 vision. When we can't see God in the present, sometimes we need to remember how God has moved in the past. Sometimes we need to remember where He has taken us. If we can look back on our lives from God's perspective, then we can see Him more clearly. God's comfort may not have come right away for David, but even with his blind eyes, David still had hope. I pray that you can too!

Dear God,

Help us to see You when our vision is cloudy. Help us to see Your incredible work in our life. Help us to remember where we have been and where You have taken us, and help us to see where You want us to go.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: