Monday, November 05, 2007

Our Worst Enemy Is Somone That Christ Gave His Life For

Psalm 119:78 - "May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause; but I will meditate on your precepts."

I was furious. In the span of a couple of weeks one person was making my life miserable. He was spreading lies about me. He was demeaning me. He was puffing himself up. And, I didn't knkow what to do. After all, I had only been working at this particular jbo for a few weeks. He had been working there for years. His constant jabs were getting to me. I was tired of having to defend myself. And, I was tired of the percived abuse.

That's when I told my wife about what was going on. i'll never forget the advice that Cyndi gave me. She said, "Brian, that guy that you work with is a close to an enemy as you have right now. God tells us to pray for our enemies. I think that you ought to pray for him."

And, I did. Every day I spent time praying for this co-worker. And, eventually my heart toward him changed. God softened me. I began to hope that things would go well in this person's life. I began to find out about the stress that he was going through. I realized that I barely knew him, and that God had put me into his life to love him.

David's prayer was for his enemies to be put to shame. I understand that prayer from the perspective of a king leading a nation. But, I believe that God's hope for us would be that we would pray for those we consider to be our enemeies. Our worst enemy is someone that Christ gave His life for.

Dear God,

Thank You for grace. Help us to extend it to the worst enemies in our life.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: