Thursday, November 01, 2007

What Does Your Life Communicate?

Psalm 119:74 - "May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word."

I love this verse! David wanted fellow followers of Jehovah to rejoice when they saw him because of the hope that he had put in God's Word. And, I'm sure that those who David ruled over as King of Israel, did rejoice in the days that David followed God.

And, it makes me wonder: What is it that my life communicates to those around me?

I hope that people who interact with you and with me can rejoice because of the way that our lives reflect Christ and His love.

Today is my daughter Breanna's 15th birthday. She reminds me of the type of person that David is talking about here. She's a freshman in high school, and God is using her to share her faith with students all over her school. I have a feeling that people are genuinaly happy when they see her coming. Her smile and words of encouragment are her constant compainions. Happy Birthday, Breanna! You've made my day one to rejoice in!

Dear God,

Thank You for the gift of Your Word. Just as King David trusted in Your Word, and others rejoiced, we pray that our lives would be thoroughly grounded in Your Word. May our lives cause others to rejoice. And, may You rejoice in what You see in us.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: