Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Birthday Blessings

Psalm 119:73 - "Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands."

I'm so happy that today's verse focuses in on the God who made and formed us. Today, my oldest son, Christopher, became a teenager. Cyndi and I are now parents of two teenagers. Tomorrow we will celebrate the 15th birthday of our daughter, Breanna. And, on Friday, we will celebrate Jeremy's 9th birthday! It's kinda crazy around here. And as I think about my children I am in awe of their God. God's hands formed Breanna, Chris, Jeremy and Zach. And, God's hands formed you and me. And, David understood that the created need the Creator to help us understand his law.

My friend Mark Brown is a pastor in California. He loves to practice the indispensible principle every time he preaches. He says, "Before we go to the Word of God we must first go to the God of the Word, because there is no way we can understand God's Word on our own." God wants us to understand Him. And, He promises us that if we ask for wisdom, He will give it. So, go ahead, ask. And, be amazed. God will reveal so much to you.

Dear God,

Thank You for creating us. Thank You for Your desires for our lives. Help us to understand You better. And, please give us wisdom to understand Your Word. And, God, thanks for my new teenager. Help him to always live for you.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: