Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Intimidation Factor

Psalm 119:46 - " I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame,"

Who intimidates you?

Maybe you are one of the few people in the world that isn't inimidated by anyone, but most of us could probably name at least one person or group of people who intimidate us.

When it comes to sharing your faith, who initimidates you? Most people would answer that question, "Almost everyone!"

It can be tough to speak about that which is most important in our life. When I ask people why they are afraid of sharing their faith the answers I normally hear are, "Rejection," "Fear of offending someone," "Not knowing what to say," or, "I'm afraid of saying something wrong."

David said that he would speak of the statutes of God before Kings. In other words, David didn't care who it was that heard about his love and devotion for God. In Acts 25-26 we read the story of Paul and his defense of his faith before two very powerful men, Festus and King Agrippa. Paul was not intimidated by either one of these leaders. To King Agrippa, he preached so passionately and persuasively that Agrippa declared, "'Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?' Paul replied, 'Short time or long—I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains'" (Acts 26:28-29).

I love Paul's passion. I love David's passion. And, I pray that all of us may have similar passion. Let's not be initimidated to share our faith or our beliefs with as many people as possible. And, let's show it too. Let's let our lives AND our words bear witness to the fact that Jesus Christ is the best thing that ever happened to us.

Dear God,

We all have opportunties every day to speak up for You. Help us to take those opportunties. May we reflect Your character in word and deed. May You be glorfied in everything that we do every day.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: