Saturday, October 27, 2007

I Want The Truth

Psalm 119:69 - "Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies, I keep your precepts with all my heart."

What would it take to get you to stop following Christ? Can you imagine any circumstance or series of circumstances that would shake your faith in Christ so much that you would stop following Him? I hope not. But, sometimes, following Christ can be hard. We go through difficult seasons in our walk with Christ when we have followed Him for any significant length of time.

One of the characteristics of true faith is a heart that is fully devoted to Christ, no matter what the circumstances. That's the kind of heart that you see David expressing in Psalm 119:69. He is being lied about, but instead of blaming Christ, he goes to The Truth, and finds relief. God is our Truth. He is our Protector. He is there even in the worst of days. I don't know about you, but I want THE TRUTH!

Dear God,

Thank You that we can depend upon You even in our darkest days. Help us to follow You with a heart that is fully devoted to You. We love you! We love that you are THE TRUTH!

In Jesus' Name,

Amen.

No comments: