Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Freedom!

Psalm 119:45 - "I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts."

How would you like to experience pure freedom? I'm talking about freedom from guilt, from shame, from the bondage of sin. Wouldn't it be great to be able to escape that? As long as we walk in the way of the Lord, we can. David knew that there was a direct correlation between walking in the path that God calls us to and experiencing freedom. I know that David's statement here is absolutely true. The times in my life where I have felt the most lighthearted and free were the times that I knew that I was walking in a path that was pleasing to the Lord.

Today, celebrate the freedom that can be found in Christ. Celebrate the joy that He wants you to know. Celebrate freedom; true freedom!

Dear God,

Thank You so much that You offer us freedom. Help us to walk in Your ways. Help us to trust that Your ways are better than our ways. Help our love for You and Your laws to increase.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: