Saturday, October 13, 2007

In The Night . . .

Psalm 119:55 - "In the night I remember your name, O LORD, and I will keep your law."

It's Saturday night and we are on our annual fall retreat. I love what we have experienced this evening. You see, on Saturday nights, for the past few years, we have spent a good deal of time in what we call, A Night Of Prayer. We set up stations all over the sanctuary. Students pray for their friends and family who don't know Christ. They pray for different churches around the Twin Cities. They pray for different countries. They pray for their own needs. They also have a place where they can go to be prayed over, or a place where they can go to confess sin.

This has been a powerful evening. God has moved. Students have met with their Savior. And, I love it.

As I read Psalm 119:55 tonight, I thought about David's words, In the night I remember Your name. This is a night that our students have remembered God's name. They have dealt with the issues in their life. They are excited about who God is. They remembered that He is Who matters most. He is to be praised. And for that, I praise God.

Dear God,

Thank you for the nights that we remember You. Forgive us for too many nights in between where we forget. Help us to live for you. Help us to bring You glory. Help us to exalt Your name. You are good, and Your love endures forever.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: