Friday, November 30, 2007

Taught at the Feet of God

Psalm 119:102 - "I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself have taught me."

Okay, I have to admit it. I'm jealous. I really am. I wish that I could have been there, one time, when Jesus taught a group of people. From the New Testament accounts of Jesus' teaching, we read that He taught unlike anyone who preceeded Him. And, I'm pretty sure that the world has never seen anyone who teaches quite like Him since He ascended into Heaven.

But, I'm also happy. I'm happy that I have the Bible. I'm happy that I have the very breath of God in my fingertips, every time I hold His precious Word. David said that he hadn't departed from God's laws, because he had been taught by God, Himself. And, you know what? We have been too. Every time we break open our Bibles and truly allow God to speak to our heart, God has taught us. Very few people were fortunate enough to ever hear Jesus speak more than once. But, we have multiple spots in Gospels where Jesus' teaching comes alive. We also have multiple spots where we see God, the Father speak. And, multiple spots where we see the evidence of the Holy Spirit's work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." Marvel today in the fact that you've been taught at the feet of God. You hold his very breath in your hand, every time you read His Word. Are you ready to pick it up and read?

Dear God,

Your Word is precious. It represents that which You are passionate about. Help us to remember that. Give us the discipline to be daily in Your Word. You are our Delight, and we love You so much.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: