Monday, January 14, 2008

Access Granted

Psalms 119:146 - "I call out to you; save me and I will keep your statutes."

I want to focus on the first five words of this verse. Do you realize how amazing these words are? David had an opportunity to call out to the God of the universe. He had access to the Creator. He had access to the Almighty. He had access to the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. He had access to the Holy One of Israel. He had access to his Heavenly Father. He had access.

This summer my daughter and I took a tour of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It was a great day. We both love history and the Ford Museum is full of it. In the middle of the museum is an exact replica of the Oval Office. I lived outside of Washington D.C. for three years in the early 90's, but never saw the inside of the Oval Office. The Oval Office was reserved for those with access to the President. I don't have that kind of access. But, like David, I do have that kind of access to the throne room of heaven. I can call upon God! Me -- Brian Schulenburg! I'm a nobody. I don't deserve this kind of access. And yet, God gives it to me, and to you. I'm not sure that the President of the United States particularly cares what I have to say, but God does. He wants to hear from me. And, he wants to hear from you.

You've been granted access. What will you do with it?

Dear God,

I'm blown away that I have this chance to speak with You. It's You! It's really You! Thank You for loving me. Thank You for caring. Thank You for being there when I call. And, thank You for calling me. You are more than I can fathom, more than I can imagine. You are so good. Thank You for granting me access to You. Thank You.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: