Monday, January 21, 2008

Deliver Us!

Psalm 119:153 - "Look upon my suffering and deliver me, for I have not forgotten your law."

"Why do bad things happen to good people?"

We've all heard that question, phrased in one way or another, several times in our lives. And, it causes us to wonder.

Just today I received an e-mail from one of my dear friends. This guy has been through it. Financial and health crises have eaten away at him, and I'm sure there are days where he wonders if God is really there. He is one of God's choice servants in this generation, but the spiritual warfare that he is going though is just intense. Like David, I think that he must cry out at night, "Look upon my suffering and DELIVER ME!"

Deliverance. It's a beautiful word. It carries with it the connotation of a prisoner being set free. And, like a prisoner, is how so many of us feel as we face challenges in our day-to-day lives. Sometimes God is the only one who can deliver us from the trials we are in. Today, you may need to ask for His deliverance. He wants to hear about your desires. He wants you to tell Him. Let God know that you need to hear from Him. He awaits. And, He is the ultimate deliverer.

Dear God,

You delivered Your people out of bondage to the Egyptians. You can deliver us from our bondage. Help us to trust You and to walk in Your paths. You are our Rock and our Salvation.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

1 comment:

marlene said...

Hi Brian. I always enjoy reading your comments. You are on day 153, WOW. Keep on keeping on. You said, "Today, you may need to ask for His deliverance. He wants to hear about your desires. He wants you to tell Him. Let God know that you need to hear from Him. He awaits. And, He is the ultimate deliverer." I agree. He is our ultimate deliverer! He is Faithful ALL THE TIME, in good times and difficult times. God bless you today. Aunt Marlene