Thursday, January 10, 2008

It Boggles My Mind When I Think About. . .

Psalm 119:142 - "Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true."

Have you ever had a time in your life where everything just seemed to click? It was as if nothing could go wrong. Maybe it was just for a few days; maybe it was for a few years; whatever the case, when you experience that you don't want it to end.

I've heard many people refer to their college years with such adulation. I graduated from a Christian university, and there was something special about the years that I spent there. For a few years, I was surrounded with opportunties galore to help me grow in my life. It was as if I was living in some kind of incubator, which allowed me to thrive.

Unfortunately life is hard. Those years don't last forever. Friends move. Loved ones die. Jobs don't go quite the way that you had hoped. Finances are struggle. Kids rebel. You name it, it can happen. Ant that's why Psalm 119:142 is particularly beautiful. Think about it -- everlasting righteousness. I could go for some of that today. It's a reflection of God's eternal character. He is righteous today, was righteous yesterday and will be tomorrow. And, that is someting that we can depend on.

I can hardly fathom the God that David speaks of here. I believe it to be true, and yet have nothing on earth to compare it to. Why? Because only God can display everlasting righteousness. The older I get, the more I long for the day that I will bask in God's presence; to never again have to fear, or worry, or sin, or be around sin. Praise God for His righteousness today. And, hope, dream, and meditate upon Christ's everlasting righteousness.

Dear God,

Thank You for Your everlasting righteousness. That which is everlasting is too big for me to get my mind around. And, yet, I know that your righteousness is true and your promises endure. Help me to live as your righteous servant in this day.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: