Thursday, December 13, 2007

By Evil You Were Caught

Psalm 119:115 - "Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God!"

I wish she would have listened
I really wish she had
That all those things that glistened;
Could really be so bad.

It's just a night with friends
In the city that never sleeps
She slipped into the Benz
And now her mother weeps

Where have you gone little girl?
Acting all grown up
The events that are about to unfurl
Because of the contents of your cup

It's just a drink
He said with a wink
And you listened and obeyed
The strangers voice instead of the one who sat by your bed and prayed

The dizzying feeling;
It overtakes
The joy it is now stealing
Realizing now, your friends are fakes

Too late, darling- it's morning now
And all the evening's brought
Is regret and remorse and wondering how
By evil you were caught.

By evil you were caught.

"The biggest difference between you now and five years from now are the people you meet, the places you go, and the books that you read. Choose wisely. Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of God."

Dear God,

A generation of people have bought the lie that they don't need You. We have substituted the glory of the Christ for the passion of the world. Help us to remember that the world's excitement is fleeting. Help us to cling on to You. We want no regrets when our lives are through. Use us, please.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

2 comments:

marlene said...

Hi Brian, Wow, what a message in the "poem" Did you write it? Email and let me know if I can "use it". Aunt Marlene

Jennifer said...

This is so powerful!