Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Gift for God

Psalm 119:108 - "Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws."

In just a few weeks we'll be celebrating Christmas. One of my favorite parts of this holiday is the giving and receiving of gifts. I love watching my children's eyes light up when I find just the right gift. I really love watching Cyndi's eyes light up if I've found the perfect gift for her that particular year. And, you know who else I want to please with my gifts? God.

David did too. In Psalm 119:108, he asked God to accept the praise from his mouth. Our praise is a gift to God. And, God has the right to accept that gift or reject that gift. Have you ever thought about God rejecting your worship to Him? It's a humbling thought. But, Scripture tells us in many places that God looks at our hearts. When we worship Him, he expects us to worship Him with hearts that are pure. Are you striving to do that when you offer God prayer with your mouth? I hope so.

As we go through this Advent season, give God your best. Prepare your heart to worship your King. O Come, Let Us Adore Him. He is Christ, the Lord!

Dear God,

You are our King. You deserve worship from hearts that are pure. Help us to worship you with pure and true hearts.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: