Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Justice Man!

Psalm 119:121 - "I have done what is righteous and just; do not leave me to my oppressors."

Any superhero fans out there? I've always been a sucker for superhero movies. (I know, this combined with my last post about the Settlers of Catan officially qualifies me for the biggest geek club.) I think my all time favorite superhero is Batman. He's just a regular human being, who decided to devote his life to pursuing justice. If I had the chance to create my own superhero I think he'd be called Justice Man. He'd fight injustice around the world. When children are sold into slavery, he would go in and rescue them, and then he'd punish the captors. When women are stolen from their villages to go into the sex slave trade, he'd rescue them and put their captors behind bars. He'd be a little bit like Gary Bauer of the International Justice Mission. Bauer's organization exists to do just the kind of things that I'd picture Justice Man doing.

So, when it comes to your life can you, like David, say that you have done what is right and just? Are you living a life that makes God look good to the world around you? Are you honoring and obeying God in your daily life? Is He your top priority? When He is, everything changes. You become a Justice Man type person. One who is committed to seeing the needs of others met before your own. Commit some time today to learning what it is that God is passionate about and pursuing those things. If you need some help, read about The International Justice Mission by following this LINK.

Dear God,

We want to be people who seek righteousness, your Kingdom, and justice. Help us to be a light to the world around us. And help us to reflect your mercy to all that we see.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: